EVERYTHING OLD IS NEW AGAIN CHALLENGE RULES
Modern Quilts Unlimited ● Michael Miller Fabrics ● BabyLock ● Superior Threads ● Mountain Mist
QUILT CHALLENGE OVERVIEW
Eligibility: The Challenge contestants must be at least 21 years of age, and must be legal residents of the U.S. or Canada (excluding Quebec). Due to legal requirements in Quebec and European, South American, Asian and other nations, the challenge is restricted to the United States and Canada (excluding Quebec), except employees of Sponsor, and any other organizations affiliated with the sponsorship, fulfillment, administration, prize support, advertisement or promotion and/or their respective agents, affiliates, subsidiaries and members of their immediate families or persons residing at the same address.
- This is a 12 block quilt challenge.
- Starting with JULY 15, 2015, and for the following 11 months, we published a traditional block on our blog and challenged participants to design and create a modern interpretation of this block. Interpretation is not limited to the standard ‘look’ of the design – be creative! The Blocks can be found here:
- Anyone can enter the quilt challenge, whether or not they were a block entrant. However, all 12 monthly blocks must be used. The original inspiration blocks will remain on the website throughout the challenge for your
- Each block must be 12” x 12” FINISHED (12 1/2″ x 12 1/2″ unfinished)
- Fabrics: You may use any fabrics available from Michael Miller Fabrics. All fabrics used in the blocks must be from Michael Miller, and you must be able to identify each fabric used.
- Blocks must be the contestant’s original interpretations of traditional designs that we provide. Only designs that have not been previously published in any book, magazine, website, blog post or elsewhere will be
- Additional details for the quilt tops, such as sashing, spacer blocks and/or borders, may be added, but must also be identifiable Michael Miller
- Backing fabric can be the maker’s choice.
- Quilt sizes should not exceed 60” on any side.
- Quilts must be finished and quilted, including binding. Surface embellishments, such as embroidery, hand stitching and the like, are permitted. Ribbon florets, buttons, beads and other 3 dimensional objects should not be over 1/4 inch above the quilt
- Winning quilts must have a 4 ½” hanging sleeve added on the back.
- Photos of finished quilts will be uploaded to our designated link and voted on by peer review. Graphic interpretations, EQ7 files or other 2 dimensional drawings will not be accepted. There will be uploading instructions and links on our blog.
- Quilt photos must be uploaded by the deadline (below) and must include the following information
- Designer name and email address
- Quilt name
- Michael Miller fabrics used
- The deadline for uploading finished quilt photos will be November 15, 2016. Voting will open November 16, 2016 and close November 30, 2016 Winners will be announced DECEMBER 1, 2016.
- Voting instructions will also be published. You have permission to share this information on your Facebook, Pinterest or Instagram pages as well. (NOTE: this is a Social Media Challenge and voting is secured by Facebook to avoid spam and robot votes.)
- Winners will be announced on the Modern Quilts Unlimited website (blog) and on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram. Michael Miller Fabrics will also share the winning designs, as may other sponsors.
- Winning quilts may be published or used for promotional purposes by Meander Publishing Inc and any sponsors. By entering your block, you agree to these terms without further compensation.
- Prizes will be awarded to the person who enters the quilt. There will not be duplicate prizes for two-party creations, such as piecer/quilter. However, if requested, the second person will be recognized on any
- Winning quilts will be sent to Modern Quilts Unlimited for professional photography and to be used for promotional purposes by Meander Publishing Inc and other Challenge
- Winning quilts may be displayed in quilt shows or other venues for up to one year and then will be returned to the
QUILT CHALLENGE PRIZES
Finished Quilt Grand Prize Package: BabyLock Lyric sewing machine (MSRP $2,199); Michael Miller ½ yard fabric bundles for 12 months (value $1,000); Superior Threads certificate (value $300); Mountain Mist Batting certificate (value $300); Modern Quilts Unlimited Gift Basket (value $250). Total Prize value is over $4,000
Finished Quilt Michael Miller’s Choice Award: Michael Miller ½ yard fabric bundles for 12 months (value $1,000); Modern Quilts Unlimited Gift Basket (value $250). Total prize value is $1,250.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Pinterest or Instagram. You are providing your information to the Challenge Sponsors and not to Facebook, Pinterest or Instagram. By participating in this promotion you agree to a complete release of Facebook, Pinterest or Instagram from any claims. Participation in this promotion is subject to these official rules.